Have you ever setup a blog host by our lovely uncle google that is BLOGSPOT/BLOGGER? DO the URL is too long for for you? It is not cool right to have a veryverylongURLlikethis.blogspot.com for your blog right? Dont worry, here’s tutorial for you to shorten the URL using the free domain name services by CO.CC to your blogger account. Hey, this is not a URL forwading oke. It works the same like a dot com, dot net domain too.
1. Register an account at CO.CC. Then, log on to your account. After that, go to “Domain Setting“. Click the domain name that you have register before. Then, select the “Zone Record” option and fill the details just like the picture below. All you have to do is replace the www.psseudo.co.cc to your own CO.CC domain name. Remember! Dont forgot to type the WWW! Then click setup.
After that, login to your blogger account. Then select “Settings“.
After you have click setting, click at the “Publishing” tab. The all you have to do is select “Custom Domain” and click “Switch to advanced settings“. Fill the form with your domain along with the WWW infront it. Then click “save setting“.
Process of setting a domain name may take up to 48 hours/ 2days. But sometimes, it taking less than that. All you have to do is just wait until the domain is fully set to your blogspot blog account.
There’s many reason why my fellow blogspot/blogger friends need to use this trick.
- Make your site look professional
- Easy for visitor to remeber you blog name. Hello, instead of putting thisismybloganduthereader.blogspot.com, why not into myhotblog.co.cc right?
- Giving your website a self identity.
- Perhaps, this may increase your traffic too.
Oke. Wait!! again, register to CO.CC ! You may not only use CO.CC for blogspot only, but others work too because they offered URL forwading and DNS setup too. Why not make your own wordpress blog or a forum using it right? Register now!
A huge thanks and credits to cencorot blog for this nice how to do articles. Read this “How to setup co.cc domain in blogger/blogspot” the malay version at his blog. Picture are credited to him also. Thanks dude! haha
Share this post with other fellow Innit. Nang it!